How To Download Pan Card Online: PAN number is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Department of Income tax. A PAN card contains the information of an individual PAN number, name, father’s name, date of birth, photograph and signature of the applicant. The photo and signature of the applicant are scanned stored in the computer center.
Every earning citizen of India requires a PAN card. It is an identity proof of an individual. Pan number is mandatory for the financial transactions such as receiving a salary, professional fees, and sale of assets above the specified limit.
The main objective of the Pan number is to track the financial transactions that have taxable component. A PAN number helpful to the government in tax evasion. The best thing about PAN number is it remains unaffected by the change of address throughout India.
Why you need a PAN number
1. To pay the direct taxes you need a PAN number
2. To file the Income Tax Returns.
3. To avoid the Tax Deduction at source at higher rates of tax.
4. Sale or purchase of immovable property at RS. 5Lakh or above.
5. Sale or Purchase of a vehicle.
6. For the payment to restaurants and hotels for an amount more than twenty five thousand at one time.
7. To deposit an amount of fifty thousand in any bank account or post office saving account.
8. PAN card is necessary to open a bank account.
9. PAN card is a valid photo ID proof.
How to apply for a PAN Card
Permanent account number can be obtained by online application of PAN. You must visit the NSDL or UTIITSL website to apply for the PAN. NSDL and UTIITSL are authorized by Government of India to issue a PAN, make changes or correction in the PAN number on the behalf of Income Tax Department. Online process is most convenient way to obtain PAN card.
You need to fill and submit online application form with online payment and respective processing fee. The copies of supporting documents to apply a PAN card can be send by post to NSDL or UTIITSL for verification.
Steps to apply for the PAN card
1. Submit the PAN application form 49A available on the NSDL website https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/downloads-pan.html
2. Fill all the details in the application form. Read the instruction carefully before furnishing the details in the form
3. Pay the application fee via online banking, credit/debit card or demand draft.
4. After making the payment an acknowledgement will be displayed on the screen. Save this number for future correspondence.
5. You need to send the supporting documents via courier or post to NSDL. After receipt of the documents, PAN application will be processed by the NSDL. You need to send ID proof, address proof and proof of date of birth. Check the official website of NSDL for more details on the documents.
Track the Status of PAN application
After applying for the PAN number you can check the status by vising the official website of respective website. Here you have select the application type (i.e. PAN) acknowledgement number, Name and date of birth as you have submitted at the time of application.
Note: You can check the status of PAN application through name and date of birth after 24 hours of the online application submitted.
How to download PAN number online?
To download your PAN you must have your name and date of birth which you entered at the time of filling the form.
1. Visit the website given below.
2. click on the option Know Your Pan
3. Fill your date of birth and name as you entered at the time of filling the application form
4. Enter the Captcha Code which is on the screen.
5. Click the submit button.
After this process, you will get your PAN Card Number, First name, middle name, sir-name and jurisdiction. You will get the PAN card at your correspondence address which you filled in your app1lication form. In case of any mistake found in the PAN Card you immediately contact with the respective authorities.
Why to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN card?
It is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar, no matter if you file ITR or not. As per notification of the department of Income tax the ITRs can be filed without linking of Aadhaar card till 5th August 2017. The deadline to PAN and Aadhaar is 31st August 2017. However you can file ITR without linking the PAN and Aadhaar but the department will not process the returns until PAN and Aadhaar are linked.
You can link the PAN with Aadhaar card by visiting the official website of the Income Tax Department https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
1. Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department given above.
2. Enter you PAN and Aadhaar number as mentioned in PAN and Aadhaar card. Then click the Link Aadhaar button
3. Your screen will display a message Aadhaar PAN linking is completed. It’s done! Now your PAN and Aadhaar is linked now
Here are some frequently asked questions for PAN Card
Can a minor is eligible to apply for a PAN?
Yes under Section 160 of IT Act, a non-resident, minor, lunatic and an idiot through the Representative Assessee. The application for PAN is made by the Representative Assessee in such cases.
How can I get Assessing Officer Code?
The Assessing Officer code can be obtained with the help of TIN Facilitation Center, IT PAN Service center or Jurisdictional Income Tax Office.
Do I need to apply for a PAN when I transfer from one city to another?
No, you only intimate to nearest IT PAN Service Center or TIN Facilitation Center for required alteration in PAN database of the IT Department.
Is there any TATKAL facility for applying of a PAN?
No there is no facility is available right now.
Can I apply for a duplicate PAN card?
You can apply for a duplicate PAN card in case you have lost the PAN, damaged the PAN card or you want to change the PAN from old to new tamper proof PAN card.
Can I use more than one PAN?
No, it’s against the LAW.
If I have received PAN but not received my PAN card and I have to file my ITR?
Send your concern [email protected]
Where I can contact in case I have received PAN number but not received my PAN Card?
Contact Service facility Center by quoting the PAN number which is allotted to you. Contact Aaykar Samparak Kendra at 0124-243800 or www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
Which authority should be contacted for inquiries regarding the PAN applications?
The inquiries should be addressed to UTIISL or NSDL.
What is the size required for the photograph for PAN application?
Stamp size photo 3.5cm X 2.5cm colored photograph is required.
How much time does it take to get a PAN Card?
It takes 15 days to get a PAN number.
How much time does it take to process the PAN application if it is applied online?
It will take 5 days if the application is made through internet and processing fee is paid.
Is father’s name is compulsory for female applicants?
Yes, father’s name is required to be filled in the PAN application. Female applicants irrespective of their marital status they must write only father’s name in the PAN application.
Note: Please contact your legal adviser for further queries.