List of Documents Required for Pan Card: To apply for a PAN you need to submit a certain set of documents for identification purpose. You can apply for a PAN either online or offline. There are two types of application forms are available to apply for a PAN. Form 49A and for the foreigners is Form 49AA.
The documents for each type of PAN applications are different and depends on the entities that are applying for it. Let’s check the set of documents required by the various entities in order to apply for a PAN Card.
List of Documents Required for Pan Card
In order to submit the application for your PAN, you need to upload several documents to PAN services unit website. You require to upload proof of ID, address, date of birth and a passport size photograph.
The documents which are required as proof of identity for a PAN are mentioned below.
1. Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
2. Electro photo ID card
3. Driving License.
5. Ration card containing the photograph of the applicant.
6. Arms license
7. Pensioner card with a photograph of the applicant.
8. Bank Certificate on the original letterhead from the branch with name, stamp and issuing officer and attested photo and bank account number of the applicant.
Proof of Address
With the Photo ID, you require an address proof of your application. You need to fill the following documents with your form.
1. Aadhaar Card
2. Voter ID card
3. Driving License
5. Latest Property tax assessment order.
6. Electricity/Water bill.
7. Bank Statement showing the address of the applicant.
8. Credit card statement.
9. Gas connection card or book or piped gas bill.
Date of Birth Proof
1. Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth & Death Certificate by the Registrar.
2. Pension payment order
3. Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages.
4. Matric Certificate.
6. Driving license
7. Domicile Certificate issued by the government.
8. Affidavit of the date of birth.
You require two recent passport size photographs for the PAN Card application.
Documents required for PAN card application by Companies
The term company includes the following entities.
1.Company: Registration certificate issued by Registrar of Companies.
2. Partnership Firm: Limited Liability Company.
Copy of certificate of registration number issued via Charity Commissioner or Copy of the trust deed.
Association of Person, Body of Individuals, Local Authority or Artificial Judicial person
Certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner of a certificate issued by registrar of cooperative society or equivalent authority or any document which is received from Central or State Government Department fulfilling the identification criteria of such person.
In case of Company and partnership firm, you need to submit the documents mentioned below.
Registration Certificate issued to the company on the approval to set up an office in India Authorities.
Certificate of Registration issued in the country of residence of the applicant.
You must ensure that all the documents which are used to apply for a PAN must be as per the format issued by IT Department.
In case you have any queries to the documents required for a PAN Card Application you can call the toll free number-1800-180-1961 or the customer care of NSDL e-gov at 020-27218080. You can email your queries at [email protected] List of Documents Required for Pan Card.